Saturday, January 13, 2007

Back in Edinburgh

Yes, the rumors are true, I am back in Edinburgh right now. It is amazing how little has changed. I am back at the same hostel from before sitting by the fire with all my old friends as we speak.

My trip is out to an amazing start. When I arrived yesterday, I called the social work temp agency that I am hoping to do more work with, and got a shift starting immediatlely, doing half as much work and getting paid three twice as much. So, I arrived an hour later at a guest house for elderly women. There were only two residents there and they were absolutely wonderful. I just cleaned up after them and ran errands for them and sat around and talked. It was a little scary how right at home I felt sitting in living room, knitting, and talking to 70 year old Scottish women! :) It was an overnight shift, so I got to have one last night of having a room and a bathroom all to myself.

Today I moved into a different room downstairs, and ironically enough, I am back with the same two girls that were previously in my room. I am really happy about being back with Jane, but the other one is a little bit crazy.

I am about to go to the Castle Arms and get some nachos with bean chili... my favorite... yum... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger zealeus said...

MMMmmmm Castle Arms. Fun place!

You and Jane need to check out that "haunted" walk again to see if they pull off another gimick!

BTW, my UK pictures...none of the dark ones came out. Damn disposable cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I had a total of 10-15 that were decent and I'm gonna try printing at work on our photo printer.

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home