Thursday, October 26, 2006

I know it is the highlight of everyone's day to read my blog entry, so I appologize for not writing as much as I usually do :) hahaha No, I am totally just kidding.

I guess the reason I haven't been writing as much is that I feel like this place is my home. I already have a just a normal life. I the hostel feels like this really big house with tons of roommates, which means that things are never boring. I am working a little bit, here and there, cleaning the hostel and doing some catering work... just a normal life.

But today I am feeling inspired to give everybody the update on my life, just because my past few days have been those rare kind of days where everything just works out perfectly... I mean, nothing major really, just tons of little things have all been going right, just for me :)... like, on a whim, I went to register with another temp agency that someone told me about, and the woman there is just amazing... I feel like she is my best friend... She has called me every day since I registered there, found me work within two hours of my interview, has appreciated my cute new work pants with me, talked about social issues with me... She is just wonderful :) And then today I got on the wrong bus, and I guess I was looking really confused, because the driver gave me a free day pass and patiently explained how to get to where I was going. And then I found two shirts for work for only 50 pence each at thrift stores... Yesterday, I went to this place called Chocolate Soup, and had the most delicious, chocolatly, rich concoction that I have ever had... I feel full just thinking about it :) I have great friends here that I cook with regularly (so, maybe I will actually learn how to make something soon)... Life is just good.

Yesterday, I was walking down the street going home and I overheard this tourist say after taking a picture of the trees with the leaves changing colors and the park with the castle in the backgroud, "Can you imagine actually living here?" She totally reminded me of myself when I was traveling, and I was just overwhelmed with how lucky I really am to be here in this place.

So, I guess I should stop rambling and tell you about what is going on in my life because it is really good :):):):):):):)

Today I got up and went for an interview for a position at the City Council of Edinburgh. The position actually sounds really great. It is some reception work, answering the phone, email, stuff like that, but mostly I will be working with people who come into the office to apply for social assistance for housing. The whole system is completely different over here than it is in the states (people over here get enough from the government to acually live comfortably on, which has it good and bad sides for sure). But, yeah, I really don't know much about my job yet, but the interview went well, and I am starting Monday. It is full time, great pay, and the people at the office seem wonderful too.

But I still have not forgotten about my job working with children or doing social work in some capacity. So, I have sent off my paperwork to get a criminal background check, and am just waiting for that to come in as well. I am unsure about the afterschool program at this point, because I would prefer something full time, but I met this guy at the hostel who works through a temp agency at homeless shelters in the city... He really enjoys it, and I also had an interview with this agency, and it sounds very promising as soon as my info gets back to them... So, I may be doing that as well as my office work... We will see.

So, that is the update on my life... I must go for now though becuase I only have a few more hours of sunlight left and I am going for a walk with my friend, Jamie :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home