Monday, October 16, 2006

Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties

I was recently reminded that I have not been writing on my blog as much as I should be, so here goes.

My life in Edinburgh is pretty amazing. I love my hostel, and I have met tons of incredible people here. I have half-heartedly started by job search by giving my resume to several temp agencies, and I am going to get registered with them this week... one doing office work, the other doing catering (like I did all through college)... I actually applied for an after school program working with children (I know you must think I am crazy, but I just can't help it... working with children just makes me happy :)

I cannot even describe how amazing this place is though. There is so much positive energy here and the beauty everywhere just blows my mind. My favorite place is Arthur's Seat... I wouldn't describe it as a mountain, but it is is very big hill that takes about 30 minutes to walk to from my hostel. There are tons of trails through the area, and every time I go, I try to take a different path to the top... The whole thing is about 250 meters up (I don't exactly know the conversions for you Americans who don't think in metric units), but it is relatively high. You can go up and just look out over the whole city. And then there is this place that is perfect for bouldering (Johh, you are going to love it :)... One of my friends from my hostel actually showed me the place, and I am already getting back into rock climbing... It is so much better on real rocks :)

The light here is very different. It is always very hazy, even on the rare occasion that there are no clouds in the sky. There is just a foggy cover over everything all the time. It makes everything look extremely beautiful though, especially as the sun is setting behind all of the beautiful old archtitecture... I keep trying to capture it with a picture, but it just isn't possible (You will all just have to come and visit me here to see it for yourself, I suppose :)

I am easing myself back into the working world slowly by working a couple of hours every day at my hostel in return for a free night here. It is really nice right now to just vaccuum away and daydream, but I have a feeling eventually I will get tired of this and get motivated to do something a little more challenging :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home