Sunday, October 01, 2006

Feels like home...

My time with Annika was a wonderful and much needed break from the chaos of hosteling. I had the most beautiful life for the few days I stayed with her. I listened to my favorite CD a million times because I missed it so much... (Garden State soundtrack if you were wondering)... I took showers without flipflops... I blowdried my hair in my underwear while dancing to my favorite music... I drank amazing cofee every morning and went for long jogs in the park next to her apartment... It was just a beautiful time. It was so nice to get to enjoy a little bit of my old routine, from back in the days when I had a routine :)

Every day I would look forward to the time when Annika would get home from work... I felt like a housewife a little bit as I straightened the room waiting for her to arrive so our fun-filled evenings could begin :)

The first night we walked around Cologne and she showed me all of her favorite places as we caught up on the past two years of our lives since we had seen each other... One night we went to a friend's birthday party... her friends are very funny and great to hang out with... One night we relived our high school years and watched five episodes of Dawson's Creek :)

Seeing Annika again is just another one of my dreams that has come true this trip... That crazy summer two years ago, we both promised each other that we would see each other again and travel together... But, of course, at the end of summer camp people make lots of random promises that don't always happen... But for some reason, we found this connection... And now I think more than ever, we are friends for life... :) We are already planning more trips together, more times to look forward to...

So, today, it wasn't too hard to say goodbye after our time together in Paris because I know that I will see her again, hopefully very soon... (just for the record, I only cried for a few minutes, which is good for me... :)

So, Annika, thanks for a great time... I am really glad that we got to share the past 10 days... And Paris just isn't the same without you... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home