Sunday, September 17, 2006

Prague

As I expected, I am lovign this city... Last night I walked to the old town square and just took in the atmosphere. It feels very different here than it does in Italy. The light is different, the colors different, the architecture, the language, the money... I am starting all over discovering a whole new place. But I love it... this is the exciting part, being completely out of my comfort zone, learning how to get around, taking in the norms and quirks of this new city and country that truly has a personality all its own.

Mary, I thought of you last night. There is a great classical music scene here, with concerts and operas every night. Last night, just as the sun was setting, I was walking over the famous bridge to the castle. The light was just perfect... this huge castle with the sun settign behind it, the dark spires rising in sharp contrast to the fading light in the distance. The bridge was covered with artists selling their sketches and paintings of beautiful Prague. There was a small jazz band playing there, and I paused for several minutes to listen to them finish their set. It is all just very picturesque and perfect somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home