Saturday, September 16, 2006

Traveling to Prague

So, the night train to Prague was not nearly as uncomfortable as I had imagined. There were supposed to be six of us in the car, but there were only four, so we had a little more space than I imagined. And it was surprisingly easy to fall asleep to the gentle swaying of the train on the tracks... It almost reminded me in a way of being rocked to sleep as a baby.

I shared my car with two other guys who both absolutelty love Prague... one a professor of philosophy and Italian and another a film director and environmental engineer. We had lots to talk about, especially since it takes twice as long for me to communicate with people for whom English is a second language. But they told me all about Prague, their favorite places, things to avoid, good places to go, even helped me find my hostel once we arrived.

So, now I have checked into my hostel and just finished a really nice breakfast. I am sharing a room with 35 other people... a very interestign concept that I think I am actually going to enjoy. I have been here for about 30 minutes now and have already met about 10 people from all over the world, a great social atmosphere.

1 Comments:

Blogger zealeus said...

Score on the night-train!! My mom & pop tried it once only to be crammed in there with 4 other people who stripped most the way down right there and proceeded to snore louder than haded causing them to move to a normal seat!

Glad you're having fun. What book are you reading (regarding your last post)? It should be Harry Potter ;-)

9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home