Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My time in Rome

As you probably guessed, I have been much to wrapped up in seeing all of the sights in Rome to take the time to write on my blog. There is just so much to do and see that it is unbelievable... and honestly I do not really know where to even start. Over the past few days I have toured the Vatican museums, been in the Sistene Chappel, walked through countless beautiful churches (and even stayed for mass in one), and met some really incredible people.

I find it difficult to summarize my time in Rome in just a few paragraphs or really even to describe it with words. There were so many times when all I could really saw was "wow" as I stared at ancient pieces of art and culture.

And then there was all of the people I met... all of us from different places around the world, yet we connected. We talked about our similarities and differences, compared countries and cultures, and eventually connected as people and as friends.

Last night was my last night in Rome, and it was just beautiful. We prepared a picnic of fresh bread, cheese, basil, salami, tomatoes, olives... a huge assortment... hiked up to a park overlooking the city, and talked and laughed... enjoyed our short time together, appreciating it maybe just a little more knowing that it would soon be over.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Awesome! Eagerly waiting news on the next adventure. :)

3:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home