Friday, October 06, 2006

My hostel

I almost forgot to tell about my one of my favorite parts of London: my hostel...

As you can tell from the extensive blog entries, I really just don't want to leave my hostel today. It is pouring down rain outside and the internet here is free, and I am just so content to sit here in this beautiful place and type away emails and such...

The first thing I thought of when I walked into my hostel a few days ago is how much it reminds me of the Page House. It is this huge, old Victorian house made from dark wood. It has high arched ceilings with chandeliers to add to the lighting from the bay windows looking out on a park. There is a HUGE common room with overstuffed sofas with throw pillows to match, nice art on the walls, huge windows that create this welcoming lighting, always people sitting playing games, chatting, or just hanging out... It just feels like an elegant old home than a hostel.

Many people I have met here ended up staying at this hostel and working in London becuase they just didn't want to leave... I can understand why... :) I just may be back :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home