Thursday, November 02, 2006

This week I started my "real" job in a city council office here. I am the girl that gets to help people fill out forms for financial assistance if they come into the office because they can't figure it out on their own. I like it a lot so far, especially the people that I work with. There is this crazy old lady, my favorite person that I work with, who just randomly bursts out singing Disney songs at really inappropriate times in the office... she is just great :) She makes things interesting, and keeps us all entertained for sure.

I had a great halloween. We had a party here at the hostel, and I dressed up as a gypsy. I had just as much fun gettting dressed up with all the girls in my room as I did at the party I think. It is so fun to act like a kid again sometimes :)

The weather here is getting colder every day. Tonight at the hostel, we lit the fire in the fireplace for the first time. Someone asked me how long I have been here a few days ago, and I couldn't believe it when I realized I have been here for three weeks now. It really feels like home though. I have gotten to the point where I know most of the people here, and I have a group that I kind of meet up with every night... we all have our respective places on the sofas in the posh lounge where we sit and talk and laugh.

My sofa is calling... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home