Thursday, March 01, 2007

Update

I just realized that it has been over two weeks since I have writen on my blog... And let me assure you, it isn't because life has been dull... I guess it never is. But I like it that way.

Honestly, I don't know where to start: Annika's visit: crazy bike rides, hiking in the highlands, meeting new friends, drinking lots of coffee-- anyway, it was great...

Working completely random shifts lately: everything from disabilites one-on-one, homeless, receptionist, elderly (remind me to tell you the story about how I had to cook for this crazy old man!), women's shelters... just anything and everything...

Still trying to figure out what to do with my life, haha, like i'll ever really know :)

Cooking dinner almost every night with some friends (yes, you should be impressed :) (even though the curry was very suspect last night :)

More than anything, I am trying to enjoy and appreciate my last few weeks here. Even the things that annoy me, I can sigh and say to myself, "I will miss that is a few weeks." (I really don't think I will, but it makes me feel better to try to convince myself of this anyways :) I am trying to be a tourist on my days off (Last weekend, the excursion was to Craigmillar Castle and it was so much fun... just this huge castle ruins to explore)... oh, and I tried ostrich for the first time from this farmers market... very delicious, and also very healthy (apparently... I didn't know this).

So, yeah, things are good. I am excited to come home in just a few weeks now, but sad to leave Edinburgh and everything that I love here. But I feel like it is time to move on, and I am comforted that I feel this way (because we all know that I make decisions with my heart and not my head :) I am rambling on now... it is the middle of the night over here, so I must go find something else to do to kill the time besides post all of my personal thoughts online :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you are alive and well. Happy Birthday.

5:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home