Monday, February 05, 2007

The Fifth of February

Even though I still don't have an affinity for Mondays, this one wasn't too bad. I woke up and took a walk in the very cold, but very sunny weather that is actually kind-of creeping me out now (It just isn't meant to be this sunny in Scotland!) to turn in my timesheet. Usually they have at least a couple of shifts for me on Monday mornings, but I was sad to learn that there was nothing for today. So I walked back to the hostel, had a burst of enthusiasm, and decided that I could clean today. Just as the clock was striking 11 (the official start of the cleaning here at Castle Rock), my phone rang, and I got a shift at my favorite homeless shelter.

It was a great shift... I am learning how to do a lot more stuff there, and it is much more fun to work when I know more about what is going on. There was a really sweet art therapist there today who did a session with some of the service users... (I just think it is the sweetest thing in the world for her to come do art therapy with the rough characters that frequent this homeless center.) There was a really funny Polish man that no matter how many times I told him that I couldn't understand Polish, just kept talking to me and asking me questions in Polish... I know he speaks English... I have talked to him before in English... He just didn't want to speak in English today for some reason!!! (I have a feeling it is probably for the best that I couldn't understand what he was saying! :)

Now, I am very bored and hungry. One of the guys here is a really good cook, and he is making lasagna tonight... my FAVORITE!!!! But there is nothing to do but wait...

I am being told that I must entertain Jane now, so I am going to try... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home