Sunday, August 20, 2006

My time in Skopje

Today I took my first walk alone in Skopje. It was surreal to be walking around this strange, but somewhat familiar city, with everyone around me speaking in a language from which I only understand a select few words. I was walking and thinking to myself that if someone had told me about this moment five years ago, I wouldn't have believed them... but here I am, in Skopje, on the other side of the world, doing something I have always dreamed of doing. It is a pretty amazing feeling. Anyways, the past few days have been full of traditional Macedonian food, tons of playing cards and watching movies, and just hanging out with friends and having fun. It is a much slower pace than I am used to, but I am loving it and completely enjoying this this time of freedom.

P.S. I promise pictures are coming very soon... It is just taking a long time to upload them, and I get bored quickly :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home