Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hanging out in Skopje...

Skopje continues to be a great place to be. Last night I got to taste Skopska (I have no idea how to spell it, but that is how it is pronounced). We met up with several of her friends and found a nice place to sit and hang out in the park (areas of the park are designated by nicknames that young people give to the statues). Anyways, I had a great time meeting all of her friends. One of her friends in particular doesn't speak much English, so she is trying to teach me how to speak Macedonian so we can communicate better. To me this doesn't make much sense since she already knows some English, but we had a lot of fun telling each other words last night. My phrase right now is: Dashakum Skopje (I love Skopje). I also know words for moon, straw, drink, matches, pretty much anything we saw while we were out :)

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

A couple of days there, and you can already say "I love matches". Nice.

12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home