Thursday, August 10, 2006

Today's the day!

So, I think I have crammed as much stuff as is going to fit in my backpack, done as much research as possible about Europe, and prepared as much as I possibly can for this trip. Now there is nothing to do but wait.......... I stayed up half the night playing with my new toy, a digital camera from my grandparents, and I have come to this conclusion: It is great!!! I know y'all are all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for some amazing pictures :) ha, ha :)

Thanks everybody for putting up with my crazy adventures. I will miss yall!!

Signing out until I am in Skopje, Macedonia!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, the airport in Atlanta definitely felt different... television cameras, reporters, dogs, police, and tons of security. I have to admit, I was a little bit scared at first. But on my first flight a pilot sat beside me, and he was very reassuring about everything going on right now. Everything seemed pretty normal in New York and Istanbul though... I think the initial scare of the news had somewhat worn off by then... It was so strange during my layover in Turkey, I couldn't find a newspaper in English to read about what was going on... And all the news on tv was in Turkish as well! Hopefully, when I get back, I will be able to speak a little bit of Macedonian. My first word is "zdravo" or hello. It is extremely hard to pronounce, but I am determined to learn it before I leave!!

7:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home